Monday 8 December 2014

My Direction and Aims - Inspirational Short Films

Throughout projects I always try to document the changes in my thoughts, ideas and direction. However, sometimes things can change drastically and suddenly take a different path. My research transformed from me researching Beauty and Style blogs, trying to find a path for myself, to me having a clear idea and message I want to share to everyone.

The best way to explain this is to share the reason why I decided to go down a path of helping others.

I work Part-Time alongside university at a cocktail bar. One night a few weeks back, I ended up helping and comforting a girl who had met a man online on a dating website, and was scared of him. Without sharing more than I should, there was some debate with herself as to whether she had just got too drunk, or had been drugged. Regardless of the situation, the girl was distraught.

We called an ambulance without her knowledge, and while I sat with her we made general conversation, I asked what she does for a living and she told me that she is unable to work due to a disability. From this point she was then down and crying, stating "no-one will ever love me because I'm disabled".

The whole thing really touched a nerve with me, and while I tried to convince her otherwise, I couldn't help but picture my mum saying the same words to me. My mum's story is one I wish to share with my project, showing how far she's come, the volunteering work she now does, and helping others to realise there can be a positive outcome, even from the worst situations.

I want to help people in as many ways as I can. I was only 10 when my mums life changed, and I've spent the past 11 years of my life helping her to grow, and regain her own confidence. It isn't all about what I can do, but about how others can share their own experiences to inspire others. Be it, pulling through a hard time, or breaking off from typical education and work paths to set up their own business, or even sharing a talent. I want to create a hub of creativity and inspiration, alongside my own personal life interests and experiences, as it's what I want to share and do. 

Personally, I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't judge others, and doesn't view people different due to class, health or upbringing. From this, I want to share my own opinions with others, in the hope that my blog can help even just one person to be inspired and have a more positive view on either themselves, their lives or their future.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig