Sunday 14 December 2014

Fashion Film - Channel 4 - Born Risky

Supporting my want to express a diverse range of people in my work, including those with disabilities and who've encountered illnesses or 'set backs' in life, I recently saw this video launched. Shown in the advertisement break of The X-Factor final, there has of course been a mixed reaction, including a view that it is using her disability as a promotion method, criticising the song itself. However, personally I think it's brilliant.

It's exciting, interesting and shocking. I also found it slightly creepy and scary which I liked. I was intimidated by a person who probably grew up believing she was less than others.



Born Risky - Channel 4 See what they've said and a behind the scenes video.

The Mandeville sisters made a video sharing their opinion.

 

I also watched a number of videos by the Mandeville sisters, including their response above. They don't like the prosthetic limb and you will rarely see her wearing it. Mostly, they are quite blaze about it, and in active/comedy videos she takes part in all the same roles as her sister, showing it doesn't stop her doing day to day roles or activities.
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig