Tuesday 9 December 2014

Film Planning - Episode 1 - The Progression

Aside from my Mum's personal growth, her main aims through it all have been completely selfless. She volunteers a lot. It's clear that helping others was always in her nature, from being a Policewoman to being a Childminder, she's always worked in roles that support and help others.

During her recovery, my mum found a lot of support and help through the Stroke Association and Speak-ability. In an article written about her by our local paper, she states that;



“When I was in the early stages of recovery, I was helped a lot by people talking to me and getting the chance to just chat.
“It makes a huge difference and it’s good to talk. Now, because I wasn’t able to talk before, I don’t stop. I talk to everyone I meet and I’ve improved a lot. Volunteering does make me feel like I’m making a difference.”
The last time I visited home, I went out for a meal with my Mum, Dad and some of the people from The Stroke Association. All at different stages and levels of recovery, simple things like spending time with others who have the patience while they struggle with words, can be a huge help.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig