Thursday 11 December 2014

Film - Folded - shortfilm documentary


This is possibly one of my favourite documentary style videos I've come across during my research. Normally I struggle to get into any videos or films that aren't in english, the exception before this was the original swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, where the acting and shots tell a clear story, so much so that you forget you are reading subtitles.

This is the same. Of course the story is told through the writing, but I love the fact that you are purely listening to what is essentially sound if you don't speak the language. 

Throughout it all, I thought it strange that a girl who loves animals is touching taxidermy creatures, however when the end of the story is the death of the boy she loved and never met, it seems perfectly set that she's being affectionate towards dead inanimate creatures throughout. It contains almost a hidden message that she has continued to love him despite him passing away.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig