Sunday 7 December 2014

Fashion Film - Opaque


This is a Fashion Film and Zine I produced as one of my submissions in second year. I was exploring the personality behind a model, using an ironic title of Opaque. The aim was to explore how the model would portray themselves, allowing their personality to shine through, as opposed to a directed movement. 


For my film, all but one outfit was the models own, and all were picked by the model. I chose the location, but once I begun to film allowed the model to move how she wanted, and direct herself. I had carried out my own personal research prior to the filming into video styling and had an idea of how I wanted the final edit to look, but this was changed drastically when I allowed my model to direct herself.

My model, Joanna Kelly (she's beginning her own blog so I'll link her soon!) begun to dance along to the music we were playing, it completely transformed my approach to the film and inspired the rest of my project.

The brief itself was set by Harvey Nichols, so much of the footage and imagery are also inspired from an exploration into the brands own promotional material, and an on set shoot I produced using clothes from the store. I kept a similar styling theme throughout to market a specific audience.



The Zine had a similar concept to the film, with a feature called "Front" to explore further the way in which the image we view is a front, and not always the models own expression. The Zine also features Imagery shot for a brief set by Urban Outfitters, the studio shoot styled by myself using clothes provided by Harvey Nichols, stills from my Fashion Film and an interview with a photographer.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig