Thursday 2 April 2015

Links of London Collaboration - Laura Cinnamon Blog Project

I was contacted by Links of London asking to produce a shoot to promote their new Watch the World tool. This is the post, outfit I styled and imagery I produced. I collaborated with a local photographer for this shoot and am really happy with the outcome!

"The sun is shining and it's definitely feeling like summer is on its way!  So when Links of London challenged me to recreate my favourite Fashion Week look inspired from their Watch the World tool I had a head full of ideas. There's so many trends that I'm loving, but I really wanted to challenge myself and share something really different on my blog! The Watch the World tool is all about getting Fashion as it happens, you get a front row view of all the Fashion Weeks live as they happen, from the comfort of your own home. I love London Fashion Week and the excitement around Somerset House, but my bank balance doesn't allow me to pop over to Milan and Paris to mill around there, so this tool is the next best thing! 



Skirt - Topshop*, Clutch - Whistles (smaller size available), Jumper - Primark, Boots - H&M, Watch - Michael Kors
This outfit is my take on a look by Sally Lapointe at NYFW. There are two images of this look on the Watch the World tool and I just fell completely in love. This of course isn't like for like, but I have fallen well and truly in love with this skirt too. The fringing is gorgeous and moves so easily but the skirt is fitted so you don't feel exposed! I've got a wedding this summer and am already planning the rest of my outfit around this skirt! I also love that it could be dressed down for a more day to day summer look with a large oversized top or light jumper layered over the top. But if you want to go dressy, it also comes as a set with a matching top!


These are some screen shots from the Watch the World tool. You can flick through the images on the watch face, and if you see something you like, you can click through to the tweet/instagram/post featuring the image. The left one was shared by Lucky Magazine on twitter. It's a great way to find new Fashion accounts to follow and get a round up of all the highlights from the whole week!






Being completely honest, these boots aren't the comfiest. I adore H&M shoes but always find them unnecessarily un-comfy and these dig in at the ankles when I'm stood up. I'm going to have to continue my hunt for some boots like this that I can wear with bare legs in the summer! I'm also desperately lusting for some Mules but don't know how much I want to spend on a pair yet. I LOVE these Office ones so much!





Have you tried Links of London's Watch the World tool yet? What's your favourite trend right now?

Laura xx"



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig