Friday 3 April 2015

Delicious Alchemy Collaboration 2 - Gluten Free Victoria Sponge Cake

Delicious Alchemy contacted me asking if I wanted to review and feature some of their products on my blog. This was the second post I produced for them, baking a Victoria Sponge cake from their Vanilla Sponge Mix. All imagery was produced by myself.

"I knew when I received a box of goodies from Delicious Alchemy that I'd end up baking the sweet ones first. After the success of my Chocolate Fudge Brownies that the Vanilla Sponge mix would be amazing, so I baked up my favourite cake - a Victoria Sponge. Armed with a tub of Vanilla buttercream and strawberry Jam (did I mention I have a sweet tooth) I caused chaos in the kitchen and this is the picturesque result. Who knew Victoria Sponge's could be so photogenic?!



Just like the Chocolate Fudge Brownies I made, the instructions were really easy to follow. For this mixture you simply needed 180g of soft unsalted butter (or a dairy free alternative if required as the mix itself is dairy free!), 3 large eggs and 20ml water. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees and grease and line the base of two tins with greaseproof paper. I didn't have two tins of the same size, so baked one half then the other. Patience.

Essentially, you put all the ingredients together and whisk it up. I unfortunately had a useless electric whisk so it took a lot longer then advised, (an electric whisk should take just 25 seconds in total!) but when finished it had a fairly thick consistency and was all mixed up perfectly. I divided half into my tin to bake and waited 20 minutes before testing.

My cake baked perfectly in the 20 minutes, I let it cool before removing and placing on a cooling rack while cooking the second half. If you have two tins of the same size, this process would be a whole lot easier. I definitely need to invest.

Once cooled fully, you can fill and stack the cakes. I covered one based with buttercream, the other with jam and carefully placed them together. 


Sprinkle some icing sugar on top for decoration, or any other way you want to decorate your cake! I then took many photos to show you all before devouring a slice. This cake passed the taste test of my Grandma, two best friends and the chef from work, so it's definitely a good'un!












YUM! Who's craving cake now?! 

Laura xxx"

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig