Wednesday 25 March 2015

Delicious Alchemy Collaboration 1 - Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Delicious Alchemy sent me over some of their products to feature on my blog. This bake is the first of my collaborations with them. All imagery is my own.

"When Delicious Alchemy got in touch asking if I wanted to try out some of their Gluten Free mixes I jumped at the chance. I've been loving featuring more food and recipes on my blog and have found such a passion for baking and cooking. This is the first mix I've tried and these brownies are UNBELIEVABLE so I'm really excited to try some more. (Victoria Sponge cake coming soon!)


Anyway, onto the brownies. The mix comes in a beautifully packaged bag (this one travelled back home with me hence the creasing). It's also dairy free if you simply substitute the butter for a dairy free alternative. The instructions are super simple and are on the side of the packet. 

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray 20cm (ish) with greaseproof paper, leaving an amount left out of the edges, approx 2.5cm. 


Melt 100g Unsalted butter and add to the mix. It should form a light batter (mine was more of a lumpy mess at this point). Lightly beat two large eggs, then also add these to the mixture. You stir the mix rather than whisking, due to the chocolate and fudge pieces inside. The picture below shows the consistency. I was panicking that I had lumps of powder mixed in, but it had all mixed together really well.



Serve up into the tin and flatten the top. As you can tell, I was terrible at this so this was my attempt. When cooked, the top all went flat anyway, but try to keep the mixture as level as possible to avoid burning sections.



Place into the oven for 18-22 minutes. Mine took 18 and it was cooked through, personally I wouldn't have liked the mixture anymore cooked as I like my brownies really soft! Take out of the oven and leave for 20 minutes in the tray. After this time has passed, you can use the greaseproof paper to lift the brownie out. Then wait until it has completely cooled before cutting. That was definitely the hardest part!!!! The temptation to have a taste was unreal.



Once it's completely cooled, go ahead and slice it up. You could leave larger slices like this to serve as a big portion, or cut them up into small squares for nibbles at a party. My grandma and friends all taste tested these and loved them. I left a box at my friends flat when I went out and they were all gone before I got back, definitely a successful bake!






The mixes do have a "May contain traces of nuts & peanuts" warning, typically unavoidable especially with gluten free foods, but they are currently setting up their own entirely nut free factory! Such a rarity (everything seems to have allergy warnings these days!) and definitely something that attracts me to brands.


Have you ever tried Delicious Alchemy products? 

Laura xxx"

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig