Thursday 5 March 2015

Dance Inspiration

While I am not choreographing the dance personally, the routine is key for the videography and final output. Therefore I will be sharing my inspiration with the choreographer, and any ideas I have. I think using the environment is really important, whether it be to reflect the rustic feel of an old setting, or contrast the modernity of a new building.

In addition, I think using the location and the space to its full potential is essential. I love the look of sunlight creating shadows from the windows, and the contrasts in space, like a wooden floor and white wall. These are a variety of images I have collated for inspiration for shots and positions, as well as ways to use different spaces.


Potential editing idea, repeating the dancer across the screen to create a group of dancers. I love repeating shots moments apart in my editing and I think this could be portrayed well.

I love the shadows cast by the window panes in this shot.

Here the fabric is key, contrasting completely with the black background the garment is enhanced and the movement portrayed clearly.
I love the contrast of the girly formal dresses in a run down graffitied environment.
I love the use of the darkness and small element of light to enhance and draw focus to the dancer.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig