Thursday 6 November 2014

Blogger Case Study - The Londoner


Thelondoner.me is one of my favourite blogs. The variety of posts, the amazing recipes, Rosie's envious lifestyle, and beautiful photography create an entire blog of posts I could read time and time again. Her posts are simple, well written but casual and friendly, and it's very relatable (who wouldn't love slutty chocolate brownies, or guilt free No-Carb Pasta). Rosie's lifestyle is also envious, travelling to beautiful locations and sharing the images with us. 

Portugese Chicken
"Boozy Lemon Frosties"
Just a simple recipe is photographed in such a directed and personalised way, with simple props to create a beautiful photo. I like relatable blogs, and when I met Rosie at LFW she definitely didn't let me down, with a lovely friendly conversation. She asked all about my internship and made me feel appreciated as a long-term reader of her blog. I also found out that her photos aren't even taken with an expensive DSLR, showing she has a real talent for beautiful images.

Layout makes it easy to navigate
"Knee Deep in Fashion Week"
In my opinion, one of the ways Rosie entertains her readers is through her Puns. "Knee Deep in Fashion Week" is the title of a post from fashion week where she is wearing knee high boots. (She's reposted this a few times on her Facebook, as the dress came back in stock, and then the boots in different colours, a way to get return readers and keep promoting herself). Possibly my favourite of her puns has been this one...







SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Context of Practise | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig